Turn EAE off when in CL idle

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

My engine has improved quite a bit after I turned EAE on and tweaked the curves. It fixed my off idle tip in problem that I couldn't solve using the standard AE stuff. My idle area is a bit rough because of a cam that's too big which causes the EAE to swing around 100 percent. I'm running my idle around 14.0 to keep the exhaust smell down but might not be as rich as the engine might want. I was getting fairly stable idle before going to EAE. Is it possible to tie EAE to CL idle?

Thanks Ryan
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

EAE can't be disabled. Otherwise it is not accurately calculating wallfuel. It should be possible to tune out oscillation using VE, timing and the EAE RPM curves.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Turn EAE off when in CL idle

Post by ol boy »

So how do you tune the EAE curves for an engine that idles with mapdot and rpmdot in the +-50 range. How do I dampen the affects of EAE for when its not needed?

Edit.. I try the rpm curves again. Thanks
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

You can also try to tune VE and timing so the engine does not have that much fluctuation.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

You could aslo try to reduce the values in the AddedToWalls vs RPM and SuckedFromWalls vs RPM curves at around idle RPM. Take a look at my RPM EAE curves in my .msq.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I'm now having a hard time getting the motor started as aea wants to add or take way a bunch of fuel as rpm comes up and map goes down. I'm not sure which way to go with ase time and percentage of increase in fueling. Any suggestions on where to start?

** edit** looked at pit's msq. I see how you dropped everything down to zero for your idle speed areas. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Looking through all of MS3 tabs and options I might have to up grade to MS3... :roll:

James... I asked a few years back about adding the transmission code into MS3. Any thoughts on this? I'm currently driving a 4R70W Ford late model trans with a pretty crude controller. www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiJNsXPV4gI‎ I'm not using a range selector as I only want Park Reverse and Drive. Currently I 'm driving around with the line pressure maxed out and I did a crude software PWM output for the TCC function but it's basically on/off. The video is nearly a year old and there has been a bunch of changes to the control operation. Total size of my trans code was only 503 bytes of flash and 23 bytes of RAM. I added some code for receiving serial commands over bluetooth to shift the trans from my android phone. I need to put together a small video of this working.

Later Ryan
Last edited by ol boy on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Make sure your RPM correction curves go down to crank, and configure them leading to idle such that wallfuel does not get that big.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Okay I'll give that a try. I saw the default rpm numbers started at 700 or so.