Request 2 additions to next alpha or beta build

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Request 2 additions to next alpha or beta build

Post by hardline »

Can the following be added to the next build? I am working with a few people that want to develop a microsquirt-based plug and play solution for the Zetec VCT engine, and this needs 2 things from MS3.

Zetec VCT trigger pattern - needed for sequential fuel and spark
PWM Fuel Pump control - needed to drive the Ford FPDM, useless without it as the fuel system is returnless.

What is the feasability of this. Would be nice to only have the users put out for a microsquirt module instead of a MS3Pro module.

Thank you gentlemen.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Request 2 additions to next alpha or beta build

Post by jsmcortina »

There are no plans to add PWM fuel pump control to MS2. I'm not sure there's space to store the tables, code or variables required. Plus the software PWM control would need re-writing.

But also, it doesn't look like it makes business sense to down-sell.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

It is what it is I guess. Would have been nice though, as this community is notoriously cheap.....
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

I just got a feeling than I'm gonna get my butt handed to me here........ :lol:
hardline wrote:as this community is notoriously cheap.....
You are correct, only to the extent, that a few here want and expect, something for nothing!

Ken
Last edited by kjones6039 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

There are external boards available for PWM fuel pump control. I don't have links but from what I remember from one, it's not expensive.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

I used to run one, but it was prone to randomly resetting and leaving me stranded with no fuel pressure, until I performed a reset procedure. I was so ecstatic when I heard James had gotten this added to MS3, that once I had PWM pump control working, I 'office spaced' the controller board I had.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

And another point for using MS3s with this engine - I don't believe an MS2 has enough processing power to control the VCT adequately even if code for it could be written.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
wmax351
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by wmax351 »

A lot of these particular advanced functions, if you only need one or two, seem easier (and cheaper) to implement as a secondary board/controller. I believe Arduino has a pretty good CAN library, which makes for easy interface with the MS2 or microsquirt (module or case), and these features are not hard to set up or control as a standalone unit.