MS2 extra issues getting spark, inj pulse and cranking rpm

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Austin.arrambide
MS/Extra Newbie

MS2 extra issues getting spark, inj pulse and cranking rpm

Post by Austin.arrambide »

so just did a vw turbo build aba 2.0 16v head using the oem distributor and coil with the hall sensor for my rpm.
from my understanding i wont get spark or injector pulse unless the megasquirt is able to identify rpm

MS2 extra V3.0 Build 3-401

so main problem no rpm

i was in the middle of getting my start up base tune on a older firmware version (unkown which version) and i set the incorrect number of missing teeth and it wiped out the firmware. before i wiped out the firmware i was getting injector pulse a cranking rpm of about 200 250 and spark my spark was alittle out of time but whatever i was getting spark atleast.

so since i wiped out the firmware i had to reflashed my ecu with the latest firmware version 3.3.2 and ever since i did that i cant get spark fuel or rpm signal

i did a pin out on the MS wiring harness ive looked at quite a few MS2 3.0 diagrams and i havent been able to find one that is wired like this normally sensor ret is pin 9 and 5v ref is pin 26 but on mine 5v ref is 23 not positive which one sensor ret is but my TPS IAT coolant temp and wide band all seem to be working properly but pin 9 is blank in my harness.
Pin 1-7 spare wires not connected to anything
Pin 8-14 are blank
15 ground
16 Ground
17 Ground
18 Ground
19 Ground
Second row of harness
23 5v ref
28 B+ 12.21 fused 2A
32 inj1 B+ when connected to injector nothing when disconnected
33 inj1 same as above
34 inj2 same as above
35 inj2 same as above
36 IGN output connected to - side of my coil tested with battery power when plugged into coil and nothing unplugged
37 Not connected to fuel pump relay

any help is greatly appreciated if theres more information that you need please ask ill provide it asap pretty much stuck and have no idea what direction to go. the most confusing issue is that spark inj pulse and rpm was fine until i had to reflash my firmware. i did try to download some older firmware but it just redirected me and wouldnt allow me to download
Austin.arrambide
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS2 extra issues getting spark, inj pulse and cranking r

I just finished the pin out on the wiring harness to double check to make sure it's wired correctly. I also found a wiring diagram which is different from what I originally though my harness was but still wired correctly.
To my understanding the Ecu supply's ground at the proper time to generate a spark and inj pulse. Now my question is what tells the Ecu to supply the ground. I am assuming RPM from my hall sensor. So what am I missing here? I feel like everything should be working properly it seems to be wired correctly.

I think you already know this but it doesnt hurt to make sure, my distributor is on the side of my head DOHC 16v vw engine from a 9a 2.0 block it has the hall sensor integrated with the distributor and I'm attempting to generate my RPM from there.

Here is a picture of the diagram that is correct for my harness
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

You can't have wasted spark selected with a basic trigger input.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Austin.arrambide
MS/Extra Newbie

Thank you ill change the settings still won't affect weather I actually produce a spark. So I'm gunna swallow my pride and admit my problem I just finished testing my hall sensor some were along the path my sensor developed some corrosion and was not making a connections between the 5v ref wire and the crk/rpm sig wire( white) I cleaned up the contacts in the sensor it self plugged it in and now I have RPM inj pulse and spark there firing at the incorrect time because of my settings but there working at least. I hope this information ends up helping some one down the road. Thanks to anyone go tryed to diag this problem. Lesson learned double check triple check your sensor before getting as frustrated as I did.