Feature request, flat shift cut

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Feature request, flat shift cut

Post by electronic »

Wanted to know if it's possible to make a flat shift cut adjustable depending on the gear, tps, and rpm. Right now if I have it set just right for WOT and shifting near rev limiter it shifts fine, but at 50% throttle at lower rpms it's not as smooth, and my 1to2gears requires longer spark cut than 4to5gears.

Thanks.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request, flat shift cut

Post by dontz125 »

Are you asking for flat shift, or sequential shift?

Why are you trying to powershift at 50% throttle? The point behind the exercise is to maintain airflow through the engine at WFO; if you're already at 50%, there isn't much to gain.

If your 1-2 shift needs a longer cut than 4-5, set it to what the 1-2 needs. The 4-5 cut should still be pretty smooth.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I usually shift without the clutch using flat shift, if I set the time for it to be smooth at 50% tps then it's not as good at 100% tps and vise versa. My 1-2 kill time needs to be longer than 5-6, so I set it for longer kill time, otherwise it won't go in 2nd gear
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

The "Flat" in flat shift means throttle flat to the floor. You aren't flat-shifting. Sounds like you are using the sequential shift cut. Please clarify.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I am using sequential shift cut, I wanted to know if the kill time could be adjusted depending on the tps%, like at 10%tps kill time would be .01second and at 100% tps kill time would be .06second.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Sequential cut and flat shift limiting are both intended for use at WFO. Using them at 50% throttle voids the implied warranty that things will make sense.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I know what they're intended to do, but they can work with less than 100%tps, and work quiet well if you have the timing set right. The perfect system would be adjustable by tps input, gear, and rpm.