Activate CLidle all the time

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

thieledj
MS/Extra Newbie

Activate CLidle all the time

Post by thieledj »

Can CLidle be forced to stay on and activated all the time?

Thanks

David
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Activate CLidle all the time

Post by muythaibxr »

No. Why would you want that?
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
thieledj
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thieledj »

Because over the last three years I have had various issues at different times where CLidle would not activate at all or it would cause the PWM to go to 40-60% and hold the idle valve open no matter what I did with the throttle. Turning off and restarting would set it all back to normal until the next down-hill and then it would happen again. I believe that if CLidle was activated all the time, then when the engine revs were over the idle setting, the CLidle would just reduce the PWM % down to nearly 0% and that would have no effect on driving. Then as the engine came back to idle RPM, CLidle would just increase the PWM % back up to maintain the required idle speed. Wouldn't this be simpler than waiting for the many different CLidle settings to come together (or the planets to align) before actually controlling the idle. The setting up of CLidle appears to be a major problem for many Megasquirt users if the many forum posts over the past 10 years are anything to go by.
If anyone can advise what I am doing wrong then that would be great. PWM warm-up is ok but CLidle would be better.
During the attached datalog, the engine was hunting. But CLidle was not showing as being activated. So I changed back to PWM Warm-up and the hunting went away. Strange.

Thanks everyone.

David
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

If the engine hunts without CL idle engaged, then the problem is probably fuel or ignition. Changing settings on ms2 causes the outputs to shut off and come back on again which may have gotten you out of the bad part of the table(s).
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.