Mods to staged injection

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Mods to staged injection

Post by JoseMiguel »

In my country, natural gas conversions are very popular as rhis kind of fuel is much cheaper than standard gasoline. This is specially true for suvs and pickups. There are all kind of conversion "kits" that work ok but are not user programmable and most of them are poorly tuned.

There has been a growing interest on this lately and I have been unable to offer a complete solution based on ms. Right now, Im working with a few cuttofs, so let me explain myself.

What most people are asking for is a manual/automatic unit that can manage both fuels and that can change dinamically or via user input between the two. The auto factor would be clt based (it is better to turn on the cars using normal gasoline until they warm up)

I have the fuel injectors wired to channel A and natural gas injectors wired to channel b

Im between using table switching or staged injection, but none of them exactly adjusts to my needs.

Staged injector seems great because I can specify the size of the injectors in each bank and I can switch between banks, but it has no coolant based option and no hardware switch option

Table switching lets me be more specific with the tuning of each mode and permits hardware switch (although it only permits one input, the hardest to make the mod) but no clt based auto switch and in all modes, both banks will fire at all times (I can solve this by unpowering each bank when not in use)

What are your opinions on what to do? Woullld it be possible to add the option for clt based switching? Is it possible to permit table switching using another pin like JS4 or JS7
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Mods to staged injection

Post by jsmcortina »

With the current MS2/Extra development firmware you can choose the switch input.

Full dual fuel support is included with MS3.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

jsmcortina wrote:With the current MS2/Extra development firmware you can choose the switch input.

Full dual fuel support is included with MS3.

James
Thanks James, I thought the ECU I was working was on the latest firmware, but it was on 3.3.1. I saw that I can choose between PE1 and PE0 which is great as the mod on PE0 (JS7) is FAR EASIER than on PE1.

Would it be possible to include CLT option for table switch?

thanks
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Perhaps you could use a programmable output that triggers at a certain CLT value. This ProgO would be connected both to your table switch pin and to a relay which would swap which injector set was powered.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

dontz125 wrote:Perhaps you could use a programmable output that triggers at a certain CLT value. This ProgO would be connected both to your table switch pin and to a relay which would swap which injector set was powered.
that is one very clever idea :) thanks!