MS2/Extra pre-3.4 alpha 9 released

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2/Extra pre-3.4 alpha 9 released

Post by racingmini_mtl »

There are no problems with staging. However, since this is designed for a 2 port engine you would need to make the MS2 modifications needed to add the 2 additional injector channels. Staging uses channels 1+3 and 2+4.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
acab
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by acab »

No news about fuel consumption code?
Buelliholic
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Buelliholic »

racingmini_mtl wrote:There are no problems with staging. However, since this is designed for a 2 port engine you would need to make the MS2 modifications needed to add the 2 additional injector channels. Staging uses channels 1+3 and 2+4.

Jean
if any help for you to check the code, I've now scoped more thoroughly the timings and pulse widths of injection & ignition signals. As you mentioned, the injection method is not "supported" on a V2-motor, but it seems there are only two things to adjust:

Cylinder#1: the injection timing degrees diagram image to follow is the "4.1.3 Sequential/Semi-sequential Timing" (and not the "Siamese-port Timing" despite the "Sequential Siamese" with "Dual Values" -method is selected).
SequentialTiming.jpg
Cylinder#2: same diagram image above, but the base point (0 deg) has to shifted amount of degrees defined on the "Oddfire First Angle" field

Otherwise all just perfect - engine idling better than ever before :)

Thanks Guys!
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Buelliholic wrote:Cylinder#2: same diagram image above, but the base point (0 deg) has to shifted amount of degrees defined on the "Oddfire First Angle" field
Isn't that what it is supposed to do? Is this a question or a comment?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Buelliholic
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Buelliholic »

jsmcortina wrote:
Buelliholic wrote:Cylinder#2: same diagram image above, but the base point (0 deg) has to shifted amount of degrees defined on the "Oddfire First Angle" field
Isn't that what it is supposed to do? Is this a question or a comment?
It's a comment and I'm thinking here of V2-engine builders (willing to oddfire & sequential injection) and if it's possible to clarify, either instructions & code or perhaps only highlight on the documentation?

For myself it was quite challenging (I think without scope impossible) to understand the timing degrees and base point, especially on the Bank#2.