Throttle tip in ignition retard. Feature request

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Throttle tip in ignition retard. Feauture request

Post by pigga »

Hi.
One more question about this:
Is it possible to utilize the option "use prediction" to compensate the effects I described above although I use a 60-2 Triggerwheel? I assumed that that prediction was designed to compensate low tooth counting wheels but who knows.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

pigga wrote:Hi.
One more question about this:
Is it possible to utilize the option "use prediction" to compensate the effects I described above although I use a 60-2 Triggerwheel? I assumed that that prediction was designed to compensate low tooth counting wheels but who knows.
For a 60-2 wheel I would be surprised if it made any difference.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
pigga
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pigga »

Hi Ken.
Thanks for your feedback.
What I have found out meanwhile is that some Motorcycles use gear selective ignition maps. Obviously not only to improve driveability but also to prevent from knocking at top speed in top gear. Because some user in some forums in the www report that they loose significant power at high rpms at low gear if the gear indicator switch fails and reports "top gear" to the ECU. This argues for my assumption above, but it would be great to find some well-grounded information about this. Unfortunately I didn't. So a RPMdot based ignition correction would rather be some kind of experiment (it's not indispensable to life).
However gear selective ignition maps would be an even more straight forward concept, but this sounds rather like a job for a MS3.... ;-)
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

You can blend between ignition tables based on gear in MS3 already. (If you configure it that way.)

As for the other point, "prediction" of spark events has been in the MS2/Extra code since day one. In MS1/Extra it was always enabled, in MS2/Extra and MS3 it can be turned on or off.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
sd1nl
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by sd1nl »

To get back to the subject: I had a look in VEMStune (sorry.....) and they incorporated the feauture in the AE department
Rover Vitesse 3.5
MS3 full-sequential
36-1 triggerwheel
Direct coil control
Innovate LC1 wideband lambda sensor
Magovit
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Magovit »

Hi guys, i just sow this request and i it catche me on surprise couse it's exactly what i entered here to ask.
An Anti-jerking feature (tipin)

Anti-Jerkink on Motronic 7 is a specific function of Ignition.
AntiJerking.PNG
On Hondata we see this option for Civic Si.
Hondata-Tip-In.JPG
-100 ex:= start the tip-in from 0 to 100% ( -100 means remove all ignition 100% )
If i'm not wrong it takes 60ms to do make a complete tip-in process.

I'm really excited with this topic, it's the only thing remain to make my car near perfect.

Thanks for make my day! :yeah!:
335i //M
sd1nl
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by sd1nl »

Magovit wrote:
I'm really excited with this topic, it's the only thing remain to make my car near perfect.

Thanks for make my day! :yeah!:
It is not implemented yet......
Rover Vitesse 3.5
MS3 full-sequential
36-1 triggerwheel
Direct coil control
Innovate LC1 wideband lambda sensor
ruzki
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Throttle tip in ignition retard. Feature request

Post by ruzki »

So are there plans to implement this feature ?
magaiverbrasil
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by magaiverbrasil »

Hi guys, this function was already implemented in ms2 or ms3?
Vw Santana AP 2.0 - MSII PCB3.0 Extra 3.2.1
3.0 GT
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 3.0 GT »

I would also greatly benefit from this being added. I have a Mercruiser 3.0 with a Eaton M90 running microsquirt and have knock detection. Without pulling timing permanently in a mapped area, fast tip in throttle always knocks. I have MAP filtering set to not much smoothing to try and get the fastest timing change to boost pressure, but tip-in still knocks. This feature would be very useful
DGA
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by DGA »

3.0 GT wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:21 pm I would also greatly benefit from this being added. I have a Mercruiser 3.0 with a Eaton M90 running microsquirt and have knock detection. Without pulling timing permanently in a mapped area, fast tip in throttle always knocks. I have MAP filtering set to not much smoothing to try and get the fastest timing change to boost pressure, but tip-in still knocks. This feature would be very useful
Try adding to your acceleration enrichment, and make sure the threshold isn't set too high.