stumbling and hesitation

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

stumbling and hesitation

Post by lpalacios »

Long shot...but here we go. Car is a e30 bmw turbo. Has been running beautifully for 2 yrs. It stared to hesitate and stumble horribly i hooked up laptop to megasquirt and laptop completely died in the process. So now i have to buy another laptop and I'm stuck trying to figure out what going on. I bought new plugs, plug wires...i ohm'd the crankshaft sensor and its working correctly ..i also ohm'd the TPS and also within spec. Fuel pressure is perfect. Drives like its on 5 cylinders ....starting to think maybe the MAP sensor might be out. I blew through map hose and no leaks. Crappy not having the laptop at my disposal...any help or thoughts would be appreciated ..thanks.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: stumbling and hesitation

Post by kjones6039 »

Bummer....... Not too much we can do without a log, I think. When you get that new laptop going, post one up. :D

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lpalacios »

Ok, so finally got the logs. At the time of the log my 02 sensor went bad because of how rich it had been. So I'm still sending the log. Im suspecting the Map sensor...But I'm a newb. Remember the car has been solid for 2yrs. Then all of a sudden it started to have a range of issues that make it undrivable.

mattlog1111.msl
matttune1111.msq
lpalacios
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by lpalacios »

Ok , finally did a proper log and tune with the new o2 sensor installed.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The MAP readings in the second log are seriously weird. What does it read with the key on and engine off?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X