MS2/Extra pre-3.4 beta 11 released

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

MS2/Extra pre-3.4 beta 11 released

Post by jsmcortina »

To announce the release of "MS2/Extra Pre 3.4 beta 11" this follows pre-3.4 beta 10

ETA on this 3.4.x code becoming release is 2 months.

Who should use this code?
Experienced users wanting to test the new features.

Who should not use this code?
New or casual users - please use the current release code instead - see the Downloads page linked above.

Main changes since pre-3.4 beta 10
Bug fixes:
-

Changed features:
Default to not dividing by outpc.baro in fuel calc. Add compatability option for it.
Remove TPS bypass limit, use hard limit.
Make CLT revlim same as MS3 - above top temperature use hard limit instead of curve.

Minor/internal:
ini tweaks
Rearrange revlim calc.

The zip can be downloaded from:
http://www.msextra.com/downloads/dev/ms ... 4/beta-11/

Be sure to read the RELEASE-NOTES.txt and README.txt. Especially note that "Not Synced" has been renamed to "Not RPM synced".

Upgrading users are advised to enable the "old baro calc" for backwards compatability.

The current TunerStudio (2.6.0 or later) is required.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
BigLou240sx
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2/Extra pre-3.4 beta 11 released

Post by BigLou240sx »

jsmcortina wrote: Remove TPS bypass limit, use hard limit.
Make CLT revlim same as MS3 - above top temperature use hard limit instead of curve.
I think that is a great idea and will likely serve to remove the confusion surrounding the CLT rev limit in MS2 (regardless of what the users originally stated they wanted when the clt based rev limit was developed).
1990 Nissan 240sx / SOHC KA-T / DIYPNP
civic_duty
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by civic_duty »

Hi James did you get a chance to implement the trigger pattern code for the s2000. This is the reference thread

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 01&t=57282
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Curious:
Was PE1 once usable for flex, or is it pe0, period?
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I don't think that PE1 was ever used for Flex, however PA0 (JS11 on the MS V3.0) is also now available for this signal. If you have a CAN extender (one of Jean's boards or a uS with the new IO-Box firmware), you can use one of the canpwmin channels.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

dontz125 wrote:I don't think that PE1 was ever used for Flex, however PA0 (JS11 on the MS V3.0) is also now available for this signal. If you have a CAN extender (one of Jean's boards or a uS with the new IO-Box firmware), you can use one of the canpwmin channels.
Too bad it stomps all over sparkD.(i suppose for most folks running waste spark would be no loss)

I recall running some experimental patch code back in the 303u era where pe0 or pe1 was also set up for a digital knock in... thought it would be useful with an external knock box, and to free up an analog input.

you have a related pm.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Heh - that was one of my 'stupid questions that became reality' - turbo355 (?) took my thoughts and comments and turned it into something that worked. Too bad it never made it into the main code ...

I saw your PM on the oops on the adaptor board; I'll look at it tomorrow.
TTR Ignition Systems
Buelliholic
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Buelliholic »

jsmcortina wrote:To announce the release of "MS2/Extra Pre 3.4 beta 11" this follows pre-3.4 beta 10
tested and works as fine as alpha10, e.g. CAN Realtime Data Broadcasting to the Dash2Pro with 10Hz. At the same time the dash upgraded to the newest firmware v4.0.30 with the config software v8.5.197. Last weekend season opening did some hundred km heavy test drive on the road too, and overall, alpha11 code seems working quite well on my setup.

Thanks!
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

dontz125 wrote:Heh - that was one of my 'stupid questions that became reality' - turbo355 (?) took my thoughts and comments and turned it into something that worked. Too bad it never made it into the main code ...
I might still have a copy of that, was only a very few lines of code... Wonder if it would still work?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

My original scribblings are here; I'm rather certain they'd need a fair chunk more work - error trapping, pin conflicts etc. Unfortunately turbo355 didn't publish his code snippets on the forum, and the files he put up on mediafire have vanished.

I've sent him an email; let's see what comes of it.
TTR Ignition Systems
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

dontz125 wrote:My original scribblings are here; I'm rather certain they'd need a fair chunk more work - error trapping, pin conflicts etc. Unfortunately turbo355 didn't publish his code snippets on the forum, and the files he put up on mediafire have vanished.

I've sent him an email; let's see what comes of it.
I still have that firmware/source on my old tuning laptop i you want it.
It was a patch to 303u, may even have a copy of that to run a diff..

I still think its a useful feature, esp as a single channel J&S Safeguard LED output line can be used as the signal.