flat 2 cylinder sequential mode

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

flat 2 cylinder sequential mode

Post by ol boy »

I'm running an RCV engine (rotary valve) 2 cylinder 4 stroke and found out that the firmware does not allow one to use just waste spark in sequential mode. I had to cheat and Y both spark outputs into the single twin output ignition box which was required for COP/wasted. The firmware seem to not like the odd angle of 360 degrees between spark outputs but 359 works well enough. Even fire assumes 90* split between fires which explains why it was only running on one hole? This is on 3.4.0.

What makes this even harder is the fact that I'm having to run JP8(Diesel) with 2 stroke oil mix... :roll:

Thanks Ryan
JP8_sequential_DF70.msq
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: flat 2 cylinder sequential mode

Post by racingmini_mtl »

ol boy wrote:Even fire assumes 90* split between fires which explains why it was only running on one hole? This is on 3.4.0.
Not on the tests I just ran. Even fire has a 360* split as it should. I can't run your msq because I don't have a uSM available and I can't simulate the MAP second trigger.

And I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the ignition. Do you need 2 outputs or a single one? If you need just one then wasted spark or single coil will work.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: flat 2 cylinder sequential mode

Post by ol boy »

TS and the uSqrt wont do sequential with map phasing if ign output is not set to cop/wasted. The first time i tried to run the engine i had the ign out set to wasted and i got a configure error. 1,2 cylinder with map phasing, ign out needs to be set to wasted/cop. From what i see the 2 cyl mode is for V twins with odd second cylinder angles. When selecting odd the predefined angle is 90 not 360. The second hole would never fire at the right time.

The ignition system is a DA twin output system, runs on 5 volts, grong and signal. Normally set up to run a twin 2 stroke engine. Goggle Desert Aircraft.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.