MS2extra with external MAP

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Jay2007
MS/Extra Newbie

MS2extra with external MAP

Post by Jay2007 »

Hey guys,
I am using a MS2 with MS2extra firmware 3.4t2 at a V3.0 Mainboard.

I was wondering why i could not choose an exernal pressure sensor ( adc6 / adc7 ) as MAP sensor.

In my project I like to use an external sensor as MAP and the internal one as BARO.
To choose the internal one as BARO is possible.
It is although possible to select the source of the MAP but just to disable it. :cry:

So i started going through the source code and found that nearly everything is done to exept from mapping of adc6/7 to MAP.

I will build a custom firmware for my personal use with this mapping done and I just want to ask whether i missed something?
Because i cant imagine I am the first one who is asking about this.

Thanks for your support.

Jannik

PS. sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2extra with external MAP

Post by dontz125 »

Hi, Jannik.

You are certainly not the first to wonder about this; unfortunately, that's how the code operates right now. What you CAN do, instead of changing the code (and changing it again every time you update to a new firmware), is to modify the hardware to allow what you want.
  • Lift or clip the #1 pin on the on-board sensor (the leg with a rounded cut in it)
    Build a filter circuit on the proto area (duplicate the circuit used for the MAP sensor)
    Run a jumper wire from the on-board sensor #1 leg to the filter; run a jumper wire from the filter to JS4 or JS5
    Run a jumper wire from the #1 pin solder hole to whichever 'SPR' pad you are using for the external MAP sensor
In TS, leave the "MAP Sensor Input Port" selection as "MAP". Set "Realtime Baro Port" to JS4 or JS5, whichever you picked above.

(Don't worry about the English - your post had just a few errors, and was more understandable than what some native speakers have posted)
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Jay2007
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay2007 »

Hey,

Thanks for your advise.
I thought about changing the hardware, too. But a hate this "flying wires" and try to avoid them as far as I can.
I allready built up the filter circuit for the external sensor and linked it to a spare input and adc7. I had to expand the protoarea for this :D

Maybe this is a little hint to the developers to integrate the MAP choice into the firmware :)

I have some questions about the code.

I went through it for every use of the Dataregister of the MAP-ADC (ATD0DR0) and found something in the Assembler code. (attachments)

Due to the fact that I am not used to assembler, I dont understand whether it is active with Speeddensity as Loadsource or not.

Do I have to add a condition for the "flash5.mapport" value to choose an other ADC-register?

Thanks for your support.

Jannik
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Lots of code work for one extra jumper (the others would be there anyway), but the MAP signal is the load factor in Speed Density.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems