Feature request: Boost table with generic analog input...p

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Wergilius
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Boost table with generic analog input..

Post by Wergilius »

If you look here in: ms2extra_misc_c

if (!targ_load) {
targ_load = intrp_2ditable(outpc.rpm, yaxis, 8, 8,
&pg5_ptr->boost_ctl_loadtarg_rpm_bins[0],
&pg5_ptr->boost_ctl_loadtarg_tps_bins[0],
&pg5_ptr->boost_ctl_load_targets[0][0]);
}

you find where the target boost is located, further down, open loop duty
change yaxis reference from tps to analog earlier in the code

with some effort you can change to analog input and corresponding elements in tunerstudio.
i'm using an modificated version where MAT reduce boost duty cycle instead of ignition retard.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Boost table with generic analog input..

Post by JoseMiguel »

Its great to see this thread moving and with the developers involved. As a matter of fact, my thinking is that a mod like this one can give YOUR product another great feature and so it becomes a win-win situation for both parties. I know MS2 is a completely mature product, but it is still being offered "off the shelf" by most distributors and all the parts are currently available. I dont know if im completely wrong with this statement, but part of the reason Im using MS and offering MS to most of my clients is because Im seeing this product grow over time, using the same hardware (I have been using MS since the times you were still releasing code for MS1), and because I usually find the help that I need in the community. Unfortunately, sometimes I find the developers being too closed to suggestions. Im well aware that you guys cant say yes to everything that is proposed to you, but this is not the first thread in which I find answers that are the same as saying "no because I dont want to".

I thought on posting because it does not seem like a huge effort for the experienced developers (to which im highly grateful for this great product), and I guess it can be really useful. And I mean it is easy because im not looking for PID Closed Loop. Just let me choose the Y axis on the open loop table and thats it. Two choices, either leave it on TPS or use a spare analog input.

If im asking for help is because the official developers, from what I can read, are no longer interested in adding features to MS2, and considering the partly "openness" of the code, I was planning on making the mods on my own. Im not willing to make anything commercial. I just want to add a feature I find useful for me and my race cars. Unfortunately, I failed on my coding effort.

I dont know if you are aware of this, but in countries like mine and most south american countries, MS2 is a hugely popular product. For people in the US and other countries, the move to MS3 seems like natural. The thing is that most of our countries have very "unbalanced" exchange rates, and this makes buying things in us dollars really expensive for us. Although I have many clients using MS3, please remember that for some of us, MS3 is still a higher end product, and our mainstream still goes around MS2. I kindly ask you people not to leave the development of MS2 "as is". I know that MS2 is now an older product but, until we can get more options, I greatly encourage you people to keep on supporting it.