MS2 water injection

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

radics1
Master MS/Extra'er

MS2 water injection

Post by radics1 »

Hello,

I would like to ask you,if it is possible to modify MS2 extra somehow to control water injection with a PWM signal for a solenoid.
I read all topics in the forum,but all trials ended up having a simple on/off style water injection with programmable outputs.

I would like to use boost control table,but it would be great to have map on Y axis instead of TPS.
Then i could have a WI map and trigger the pump with a programmable output + relay.

Thanks in advance!
Audi A8 1.8T AEB, Paralel ecu for A/C,MS2 V3 on 2.1.0 Code,Boost,launch,Fuel&spark,etc..
Fiat X1/9 1.6 turbo MS2 extra V3
Hungary,Lake Balaton
radics1
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2 water injection

Post by radics1 »

Hi,

i have glanced though the code to start undetstanding how it works. I found also open loop boost control in the MS2_extra_misc.c file.

It seems the inputs for the table is outpc.rpm (x axis) and outpc.tps (y axis).
For me it looks like,i modify outpc.tps to outpc.map and thats it? I had do make modifications in the ini file to see map instead of tps in the boost control duty table,this is working now.

What do you think about the firmware mod,is it correct like this? I could not compile the files and test on the stim yet,make command did not work. I have to download development package for Cygwin.

Thank you in advance!
Audi A8 1.8T AEB, Paralel ecu for A/C,MS2 V3 on 2.1.0 Code,Boost,launch,Fuel&spark,etc..
Hungary,Lake Balaton
radics1
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by radics1 »

It looks like,it is working. I had to modify the ini file also for tunerstudio to be able to see also map in the table. Applying vacuum or pressure to the map sensor is reflecting the values from the table.

Lets see it in real world situation! :yeah!:
Hungary,Lake Balaton
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Nicely done! I may have to pester you for some custom code help later on, since you're now one of the experts! :lol:
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
radics1
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by radics1 »

I am no expert by any means. If i am interested in something,usually dont stop until it is done.

Modifying the code is more easy than write something from scratch.
I miss the launch control settings (cut x spark from y event) from the new releases. I may try to add this to 3.4.1,because we have issues to build enough boost with the new firmwares. I have no idea why the developers removed this setting. For starters it is easy,there is no over-revving as we could have with a bad x cut y event setup.
I like to have 1.5 bar of boost at launch,thats why i stuck with a really old 3.2.5 FW.
Hungary,Lake Balaton
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I don't have an opinion either way on the x-y spark cut, but I do note that the MS3 spark limiting does include options like 5 of 7 sparks.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems