Feature Request: Disable Boost Control on Map Switch

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jammy86
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Feature Request: Disable Boost Control on Map Switch

Post by jammy86 »

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to disable boost control when using the map switching function.

background: I build my harnessing and setup using an MS1 which had the ability to change target boost tables. My aim for this on the MS1 was to have a high boost and low boost map for performance and economy. My concept was also so that I could give someone a shot of the car and easily switch to low boost so that they had a gentle introduction, valet mode almost.. I also planned to run a tired wategate actuator which allowed higher engine speed without producing boost, where the mixture is enrichened to control knock. The gearing in the car makes it difficult to cruise on the motorway without producing boost when running a high boost actuator.

Once I got the engine up and running I decided that the MS1 just wasn't supported anymore and that a change to MS2 was wise, however I did not realise that I would lose the switching of boost tables.

My concept now is that in map 1 (external input not active) I will run boost control to target higher boost but in map 2 (external input active) the boost control output is disabled, thus running just off the actauator. This provides almost all of the functionality I originally wanted. I realise that I could also achieve this by running the Boost Control Solenoid power though the map changing switch, but I've full installed the harnessing, it's all tapped up and behind the dashboard and I can't change it now.

I'm not good with software, it makes my brain want to exit my body through my nose, so my main question is "is this possible?" if so my second question would be could this be something incorporated in to the standard firmware?
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature Request: Disable Boost Control on Map Switch

Post by Six_Shooter »

I was actually surprised when I didn't find this functionality in the MS2Extra firmware. I agree that it would be a useful feature.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
sqrewdriver
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sqrewdriver »

What you can dI is the set an output active at some point, and connect it to an input. Use that input to activate mapswitching. Simple enough

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk
MegaHelp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MegaHelp »

Just disable or enable the supply feed to your boost controller together with Tableswitch.
It turns back to the waste gate standard pressure when Tableswitch is off.
Boost control is activated when Tableswitch is on.

You could think of a table switch for boost pressures.
But the throttle already controles the amount of boost anyway if dialed in correctly.
So you might need to gain control on your right foot.
That would do the very same thing.