Feature Request. MS2 Boost target table switching

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Feature Request. MS2 Boost target table switching

Post by Nigep »

I`m upgrading from MS1 and that has a feature to "Switch Boost Target Tables when ..NOS on or JP1 Pin6 LOW" which changes the Closed loop boost control target to Table 2.

This feature is missing from MS2 and on my dedicated track car it`s something I use often if conditions are changeable. I already have a toggle switch on the +12V to the Boost Solenoid to give 1 level of control, then 2 differing target maps.

The button to switch is mounted on the steering wheel and gives an instant boost increase of 0.3 Bar. I don`t want to run at this high level continuously but for short bursts it`s ideal.

Would it be possible to add this feature that is present in MS1 and MS3 ? MS2 supports VE and Spark table switching, but not MAP Targets.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request. MS2 Boost target table switching

Post by jsmcortina »

No new features are planned for MS2.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nigep »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That`s a shame :(

Any idea why the feature was removed ? It`s a really useful one and the VE and Spark is still switchable, just not the Boost target.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

"Removed" might not be the right word - MS2/Extra had some of the same programmers working on it as MS1/Extra, but it was a clean slate re-write instead of copying the MS1/Extra code over to the MS2. Each feature had to be brought over individually and more or less created from scratch.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nigep »

I wasn`t being funny saying "removed".

As an end user, I saw a feature on MS1 that I use all the time disappear from MS2 and is back from MS3 that`s all. Especially and the actual map switching is still there, but only for 2 tables in MS2 instead of 3 in MS1 & 3 :(

Was worth asking and your prompt replies are always welcome :)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I wasn't implying this was a joke - just wanted to point out that, since the MS2/Extra code wasn't built on MS1/Extra at all, everything was in a sense "removed" and had to be put back in from scratch.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
slyrye
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by slyrye »

Matt Cramer wrote:I wasn't implying this was a joke - just wanted to point out that, since the MS2/Extra code wasn't built on MS1/Extra at all, everything was in a sense "removed" and had to be put back in from scratch.
If you're getting lazy don't put it up on the ms community who devoted their time and machines to test every betas and releases..! just to make them guilty...! Move on..! He was only pointing out that since MS2 is a culmination of MS1 logically those features that were handy and worked superb from previous hardware should have been ported to the successor.
MSnS'n'4G15
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

slyrye wrote:
Matt Cramer wrote:I wasn't implying this was a joke - just wanted to point out that, since the MS2/Extra code wasn't built on MS1/Extra at all, everything was in a sense "removed" and had to be put back in from scratch.
If you're getting lazy don't put it up on the ms community who devoted their time and machines to test every betas and releases..! just to make them guilty...! Move on..! He was only pointing out that since MS2 is a culmination of MS1 logically those features that were handy and worked superb from previous hardware should have been ported to the successor.
Matt was explaining (correctly, I might add) what the situation was. Insulting and attacking him is at the very least misplaced. Also the fact you make irrelevant comments and talk about porting code shows you do not know and understand about coding and the differences in hardware and computer languages.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum