Dual Boost Tables

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

neongreen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Dual Boost Tables

Post by neongreen »

I would really like to have two boost tables that could be switched via sowftware or hardware. For example, low boost table is used when ethanol % is less than 50%, and high boost is used when it's above 50%.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Dual Boost Tables

Post by Matt Cramer »

There is a "Use flex on the Y axis of target table" option in the current code that changes it from using the TPS to using the ethanol percentage.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
VLC-05L
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Dual Boost Tables

Post by VLC-05L »

Matt Cramer wrote:There is a "Use flex on the Y axis of target table" option in the current code that changes it from using the TPS to using the ethanol percentage.
I was thinking about this the other day.

If you had flex enabled and a flex input setup, you could effectively have two boost targets setup by switching the flex input on and off and setting up what flex percentage the ECU assumes when the flex signal is off. This would only be a target based on RPM though.

Second thoughts: Just before posting I think that the flex settings are setup to change fuel and timing when the sensor has failed, not assume a particular flex percentage? Cant remember.
CB70 12V 3cyl 993cc Daihatsu | MS2X Sequential Fuel and Spark | Flex Fuel Launch Control | Raspberry Pi Dash