FIX request/Feature Request

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

SethU
Helpful MS/Extra'er

FIX request/Feature Request

Post by SethU »

Hello,

I've run into a snag in the functionality of the software/firmware and CAN inputs. Thinking it was a TunerStudio issue I contacted EFI Analytics. They informed me it's not a function of their software and referred me to Jean at JBPerf (the CAN IO extender board manufacturer), who has directed me to present the issue I've identified here.

I'm not "in the know" on who does what, and who can actually fix the problem. If this is the wrong place, I'd really appreciate it if you would point me in the right direction.

Here's what I have:
MicroSquirt V3, it's firmware is up to date, TunerStudio also recently updated, and the JBPerf TinyIOx CAN I/O extender

Here's the issue I've come accross:

TunerStudio > Igniton Settings > Knock Sensor Settings > Knock Input Pin

When "Analog" is selected in the "Input Type" drop down, the available CANbus options in the "Knock Input Pin" drop down menu are not Analog options, they're digital On/Off sources (A single bit on Port 3). I'm pretty sure they should be "CAN ADC 0-7" to achieve analog input of a knock signal over CANbus. Where, the existing menu of selections is appropriate for "On/Off" as the "Input Type".

Stated another way:

When "Analog" is selected in the "Input Type" dropdown,
the "Knock Input Pin" dropdown should read as follows

SPAREADC
SPAREADC2
CAN ADC0
CAN ADC1
CAN ADC2
CAN ADC3
CAN ADC4
CAN ADC5
CAN ADC6
CAN ADC7

And, obviously, have the program pull it's information from those locations.

Is this the right place to present this issue? Any chance of getting it resolved? Possible time frame?

It's the last puzzle piece in having everything do what I need/want it to do.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration of the matter.

-Seth-
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: FIX request/Feature Request

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I think you have a Microsquirt so here are the s19 and ini files for the 3.4.2 release with the option of using a CAN ADC input for the knock input.

If James reads this, I can send the changed files to put this in the official code. The changes are minor and affect ms2_extra_main.c and ms2extra.ini. The TunerStudio dialog is a bit awkward but I didn't know how to do this another way.

Jean

EDIT: Replaced the ini file for the correct one
Last edited by racingmini_mtl on Sat May 27, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
SethU
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by SethU »

Jean, you are tops!

I'll load it this coming week.

Thank you!

-Seth-
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I added a line to the knock input field, just to try & reduce the confusion for us easily confused types. My alterations through the .ini are marked with $$ to make them easy to find.

Changing the 'On/Off Knock Input Pin" also changes the "Analog Knock Input Pin' field; this is fine, as both are loading the same data byte.

Edit: revised file further down
Last edited by dontz125 on Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Don,

Had you seen the ini file I posted above? It seems that you started from the original ini file and pretty much did the exact same thing I had done (with some minor formatting and naming differences).

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Hi, Jean.

All my changes were based on the file you uploaded in the post above. I just went through your upload again, and saw nothing relating to CANADC.

If you modified the .ini, either you posted up the wrong file, or I've gone completely blind ... :?
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Don,

You're not blind, I'm the idiot who attached the wrong file. I have put the correct one in the post above but as I said, that's very similar to what you came up with. So either one will work and yours might be a bit more obvious because you do explicitly mention the pin usage. I do use the term Remote ADC instead of CANADC because that's more consistent with the rest of the MS2/Extra settings as CANADC is more what the MS3 settings use.

Jean
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

... and there you go. A revised .ini that uses my use of "On/Off Knock Pin" & "Analog Knock Pin" to make it obvious, and your use of "Remote ADC" to keep the terminology consistent. Ain't collaboration great? :D
TTR Ignition Systems
SethU
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by SethU »

You guys rock!