AC cut off for TPSWOT

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

AC cut off for TPSWOT

Post by jsdevel »

Could I modify my ms2extra-3.4.2 firmware as follows to disable my AC output when TPSWOT is cleared?

if (outpc.rpm < flash12.ac_idleup_min_rpm || outpc.tps > flash4.TPSWOT) {

I'm thinking I could make that change in ms2_extra_idle.c.
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: AC cut off for TPSWOT

Post by jsdevel »

It worked! I was able to compile an updated version of the 3.4.2 firmware with this change and now my floodClear serves a dual purpose of closing fuel during cranking and shutting off my AC compressor :yeah!:
tryingbe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tryingbe »

Great find!
Not sure why this didn't make into the official release.
1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo MicroSquirted 367whp http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=67324
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

I think you can already do it in the stock firmware with Programmable outputs option in Tunerstudio, just set your output to turn ON or OFF when it hit the tps threshold and set hysteresis to maybe 5% so you prevent the output from hunting.
tryingbe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tryingbe »

I'll be trying

Code: Select all

if (outpc.rpm > flash12.ac_idleup_min_rpm || outpc.tps > flash4.TPSWOT) {
Instead of

if (outpc.rpm < flash12.ac_idleup_min_rpm || outpc.tps > flash4.TPSWOT) {

I want my a/c compressor to turn off when RPM is over preset rpm (3500rpm) instead of RPM is lower than preset rpm (600rpm) or when TPS is WOT.

metcap wrote:I think you can already do it in the stock firmware with Programmable outputs option in Tunerstudio, just set your output to turn ON or OFF when it hit the tps threshold and set hysteresis to maybe 5% so you prevent the output from hunting.
I was doing that before, but it's much nicer too have the feature of Compressor Delay Since Last On and Idle-up Delay (delay to turn on compressor.) So it doesn't fry my a/c compressor clutch when the condition of a/c compressor on/off is meet and not meet repeatedly.
1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo MicroSquirted 367whp http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=67324
tryingbe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tryingbe »

tryingbe wrote:I'll be trying

if (outpc.rpm > flash12.ac_idleup_min_rpm || outpc.tps > flash4.TPSWOT) {

I want my a/c compressor to turn off when RPM is over preset rpm (3500rpm) instead of RPM is lower than preset rpm (600rpm) or when TPS is WOT.
Sorry it took so long for me to updated, I wanted to use the 3.4.4 code but I guess that code will not be released so I went back to 3.4.3 code.
This new code works. ADC6 is connected to my a/c cut out relay and as you can tell from the logs, a/c cut out relay is activated when RPM > 3500rpm or TPS is WOT.
tps.jpg
tps.jpg (431.23 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
rpm.jpg
rpm.jpg (443.27 KiB) Viewed 3590 times