Boost gauge

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Boost gauge

Post by DaveEFI »

Pal is intending fitting an MS to a supercharged engine - all on paper at the moment. And asked if I knew of a digital boost pressure gauge? I wondered if such a thing might be easier driven off perhaps MS3 - but way outside my knowledge, hence asking here.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Steven
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Boost gauge

Post by Steven »

these guys have excellent products... http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/scg1.php this is the gauge i should have purchased.
old guy
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by old guy »

Just run another 2 0r 3 bar map sensor use one of the MS3 inputs and set up a boost gauge in Tunerstudio. I don't know if it is possible, but you might be able to read it off the map sensor that you are using to control the ecu. I am sure that someone with a little more knowledge than me will chime in.
jrods2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Boost gauge/more info

Post by jrods2 »

old guy wrote:Just run another 2 0r 3 bar map sensor use one of the MS3 inputs and set up a boost gauge in Tunerstudio. I don't know if it is possible, but you might be able to read it off the map sensor that you are using to control the ecu. I am sure that someone with a little more knowledge than me will chime in.
I'd like to see more response to using another sensor to read boost thru ms2v3?
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Setting up a boost pressure gauge in Tuner Studio is trivial, you can display it and log it as well. Getting information to an external gauge is a bit trickier as MS2 has no analog outputs. You would likely need something CAN compatible.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!