[ts9092]difference in map readings

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

[ts9092]difference in map readings

Post by dee808 »

My prosport in/hg-psi boost gauge reads higher than ms. Ms showed a peak of approx 10 psi , while driving i was looking at the ps gauge and not laptop due to the obvious. On the ps gauge it shot up to over 20psi by the time i let off. I slowly drove back hoping i didnt break anything. Eng ran normally tho.
I have a multiport vacuum bar. From the bigger ports on the rear of intake manifold to vac bar. From the bar i have 3 1/8"ports feeding 1- ms 2-ps boost gauge and 3- oem map sensor.
I am thinking that it may be
1-due to the run length of tubing to prosport sensor and mspnp built in sensor.mspnp plumbed like the install sheet to pass side hole from there its about 7" more of tubing to the vacuum distribution bar. For the prosports sensor its run is about 10" long. Both have a filter on them.
2- possibly overshoot due to possible "china" made sensor in the prosport.
3- would be the answers the intelligent people will post next
Efi Tuning Noob, so please go easy on me.
AE92 GZE'd 85 AE86 3dr(blue "cancer" pill)
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
"Nobody listens to Turtle"
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: [ts9092]difference in map readings

Post by Matt Cramer »

Either a leak between the MSPNP MAP sensor and the vacuum take-off point, or the Prosport sensor is not working well.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

What calibration do you have set for the MAP sensor? (HInt: post the MSQ!) Check the two devices against a "3rd party", like a mechanical gauge or the OEM sensor, see which one is way different from the others. Note: multiple instruments, will never read exactly the same; but this is a big enough difference to easily reveal which one is bogus.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

The map is set as how diyautotune ships it since it is a plug and play unit. I have not touched the settings on this. Also i dont datalog the prosport sensors readings, thats why i didnt post a msq. Both read vacuum fine and such just that when the turbo spools quickly , it seems as though the prosport sensor overshoots due to the sudden rush of psi. If that makes any sense at all. I do have a mech boost gauge i can compare it with and will update once finds the results.
Thanks
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

ok so with the mech boost gauge it read the same as my prosport gauge. 20-21 psi boost (it has a peak recall function). please dont mind my afr's as i plan on tuning it as soon as i know ms is controlling the boost pressure.
also this past week i noticed that ms defines "boost" from 0 being 0-Kpa. so @ 100 Kpa would read approx 14.5 psi "boost".

- i am going to check the hose to the mspnp2 for any holes or anything that may be causing my concern. if nothing is found ill try to probably bend an extra brake line i have to minimize the run length of hoses.

you are welcome to spit out any comments about my current tune and most importantly your suggestions/hints on how one would go about fixing them. i try not to ask people to just tell me what to do and not understand the reason of why as i know itll benefit me in the future. and dont mind the sync loss i was messing with my WUE.

Thank you in advance :RTFM:
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

dee808 wrote:i noticed that ms defines "boost" from 0 being 0-Kpa. so @ 100 Kpa would read approx 14.5 psi "boost".
No.
100kPa MAP is atmospheric pressure = 0 boost.

James

PS. What does [ ts9092 ] mean and why put it in the post title?
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

He's seeking help for an MSPNP2-TS9092.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Post a run log (MSL) that includes at least one engine start. (An actual log, not screen-shot)
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

billr wrote:Post a run log (MSL) that includes at least one engine start. (An actual log, not screen-shot)
Will do once i can run it as charging sys needs checked out since batt volts measured at batt is 16v. :shock:
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Fixed the 16v problem. Apparently when a craftsman multimeters' batt is low itll read very inaccurately! Thank goodness i started with the simple stuff toward the beginning. Whew :oops: wasnt able to do that datalog due to a truck blocking me in and coworker who had the key wasnt returning. Ill make sure to post one tomorrow. Anything you want me to do?just start and warm up and drive for 5 min?just start and warm up?lmk.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Anybody wanna chime in on why my boost reads from absolute?ie.at 100Kpa = 14.5x boost. Using the oem map and ms map. Should i disconnect the oem one?

Also thanks for the dude who answered the question about ts9092. I made it like that due to being used to and also finding that the way xda forums titles their subjects very useful in finding topics that i am interested in, and think it would do great here since different vehicles, hardware, firmware, ms generation, etc. Hope it catches on.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

billr wrote:Post a run log (MSL) that includes at least one engine start. (An actual log, not screen-shot)

here you go.
prosport gauge got to approx 20.7 psi while mspnp did almost 10psi. ( when looking at datalog please note min boost = 2psi , and point me in the way on fixing that,or anything else you may have noticed)

extra things that concern me. i may need to get a perf radiator in near future due to how quickly temps rise. but also fall kind of quickly when moving too. i am 99% sure there is no air in the system due to total bleed procedure per factory manual took about 30+ minutes and also the level of the bleed tubes were level for about 5 minutes prior me completing procedure.

lost sync...in the beginning i was still messing with the WUE for the Idle valve. i think i am kind of close.

also toward the end noticed that charging voltage drops and also adc7 and egt7 readings change a lot i will be searching for what these mean after this post.

again afrs are sort of all over since i need to take care of which boost reading i can rely on.
prior to the run i bent a brake line from eng bay to 4" of mspnp2 MAP port. total run length of MSPNP2 provided hose= approx 10" while the gauge and factory MAP are about 8" or so. all of them have its own inline air filter attached. ( made sure it wasnt a one-way valve-type) they all connect to a vacuum block at their own port. Big port of vacuum block goes to the back of the intake manifold to an equal sized fitting.
due to mech gauge reading same as prosport, i might be thinking it is a setting that needs to be changed , or maybe due to factory MAP is hooked up also? during vacuum they read the same. i am lost at this point.

thank you for your time to review this. i appreciate it!

okay turns out my Datalog is too big of a file. how can i chop it down... i will need to research.. if possible.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Post the MSL as a simple attachment, not a link.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

heres a startup one. from noaa site today barometer= 102.08Kpa notice MAP @ 69.5 Kpa prior to start not 102.08.
2017-03-26_16.00.46.msl
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The MLV screen-shot posted earlier shows "Boost(psi)", but the most recent MSL doesn't have such data (at least, I can't find it). Do you have any clue what's going on there?

I see the MAP is not only low at the beginning, it responds too much to ripples in battery voltage during cranking. Also, battery voltage is rather low. So, the easy question: is the "12V raw" input to MS really that low (measured with a multimeter)? If not, the low battery voltage logged by MS, together with the bogus MAP readings, make me wonder if the 5V ref is holding steady.
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

I can check, but would have to know which wire to probe. Is it same as oem .. being BATT ? And also i assume to check with both chassis and sensor ground, correct?
I do know that there is a chance that the battery is low, due to troubleshooting ,disconnecting, short engine running times during troubleshooting, etc.
Ill put it on a charger overnight and repost in a day or 2.

With the datalogs , i guess you can only see what is on my screen and cant change the left side data points. (Like accel pw, ego1, etc. ) i do apologize as i thought you would be able to, with it not being a screen shot.

Thank you very much for replying so quickly! See you in a day or so when battery voltage is (hopefully) 12.6v
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I couldn't find info for that particular PNP (ts9092), but I would expect that the OEM "Batt" wire is the one to check.

Was the MLV posted taken with TS or an SD card? Going through TS, I believe all data fields are logged and should be available to me. However, when logging by SD card you have to "turn on" the specific fields to be logged.