squirting a 1 cylinder bike - fuel pump

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rs2000
Master MS/Extra'er

squirting a 1 cylinder bike - fuel pump

Post by rs2000 »

I would like to squirt my 250cc single cylinder bike. I'm looking for a small fuel pump that uses the least power possible. I'd almost given up when i saw a thread on aprilla scooter parts. While these i think are too small i'd be interested if anyone knows of any similar fuel pumps? The engine produces 30hp.

Everything else for the setup i have covered, just the fuel pump needed.

Also, if anyone else has attempted this, how were the milage results? I wonder is it will be a significant increace over the carb?

Thanks
andrew
the bubbler
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by the bubbler »

I'm interested in this too!

I want to convert my Isetta bubble car to fuel injection, and that's 300cc producing 13bhp.

My investigations so far reveal that Honda bikes are one of the best bets.

They use fuel injection down to 50cc.

Most of the fuel pumps they use are mounted inside the tank, but should be removable, I think.

Main problem seems to be finding the smaller stuff in a bike breakers.

I was looking at the Honda Pantheon 125 and 150, both with the PGMFI system.

They produce about 15-18 bhp, so the throttle body, fuel pump and injector would be ideal for my application methinks.

Price new for the throttle body was £319 plus VAT, which made me cough a little!

So now I'm thinking that I'll make my own throttle body, and source the injector, fuel pump and sensors elsewhere.

Have a look at the larger Honda bikes for your fuel pump.

Andy