Low Impedence Injectors

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Paul Smith
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Low Impedence Injectors

Post by Paul Smith »

My Nissan uses low impedence injectors that run through a thing called a dropping resistor. It has a common power supply wire with a resistor for each injector built in. My question is should I use that resistor with MS1 v2.2? Would it help considering I don't have flyback? According to what I've read in the manual MS should be able to run my injectors without resistors or flyback but there is a lot of contradictory info in the forums. I have 4 x 2.4 ohm injectors.
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

Being a four-cylinder car, it's likely you could connect two injectors per injector bank and avoid using the flyback circuit. (Using the MS as it's assembled now) You'll need to use PWM on the injectors, to prevent them from overheating or damaging the flyback circuit.

You could also use the resistor pack if you like. In this configuration, do not use the PWM feature.

Personally, I would use the resistors. There's no bummer like pulling your ECU out to de-solder a part! (Plus, it's already part of your wiring loom)

-Brian
BottleFed70
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BottleFed70 »

I agree... since the resistor pack is already there and wired, I'd just use it.
1970 Ford Mustang
MSII, v3.0 PCB, v2.36 firmware, Megatune 2.25
Paul Smith
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul Smith »

Thanks guys. I'll try using it. :)