Injector problems (dont seem to ground through MS)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

djecko
MS/Extra Newbie

Injector problems (dont seem to ground through MS)

Post by djecko »

MS-I
megasquirt_v3000
megatune 2.25b4710
V3 main board

So now i cant get the car to start. Ive wired everything up correctly im almost 100% positive

heres what ive checked.

-I get spark, had someone pull the plug and hold near ground
-Fuel pumps prime and when i crank it comes on also
*MS restarts sometimes when battery voltage drops down too low
-both fuel pump, injectors and MS get constant power even when cranking.

What ive discovered-
Ive narrowed it down to my injectors. or thats atleast what i think is the problem.

I had it first wired up like this:

pin 32,33 going to injectors 1,2
pin 34,35 going to injectors 3,4

12v running to center wire on resistor pack. exiting wires from resistor pack going to injectors.

I tried:

wiring pin 32 to injectors 1,2
wiring pin 34 to injectors 3,4

Still no start.

Heres what ive discovered:

-When i use a 12v testor light grounded to chasis and i touch the "ground wire" going to MS from injectors i get power and the light lights up.
-When i use a 12v testor light grounded to chasis and i touch the "power wire" going to the injectors from the resistor pack it lights up, and also i hear the injector click on.

When i test voltage with a multimeter:

-ground wire going to MS from injector ~11v
-Power wire going to injectors from resistor pack ~11-12v

I am totally confused. from what i thought, MS should ground the injectors and i can supply constant 12v to the injectors through the resistor pack.

I dont know why im getting power from the wire going to MS from injectors. and it doesnt seem like the injectors click on when i crank.

SOOO CONFUSED! I really dont think its my wiring but someone tell me im wrong? thanks guys!
djecko
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by djecko »

GOT THE CAR STARTED! YES! RPM signal fixed i had to change some things on the board because it was setup for something else. Thanks for all the help guys ill have a success story posted soon.