Proper way of wiring inline 6 cyl injectors?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Jon k
Super MS/Extra'er

Proper way of wiring inline 6 cyl injectors?

Post by Jon k »

I believe the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4 but am not positive. As I understand, my MS v3 running MSnS-E will only do bank firing or batch firing. So, how should I wire my injectors? I bought pigtails from Jerry and they should be here this weekend. I am going to be running Bosch 315cc high impedence injectors to the MS. Anyone give me specific info on how the wiring of the injectors should look?
natesully
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by natesully »

Since MS is non-sequential, it may not matter. I set mine up on alternating cylinders, 1 and 3 then 2 and 4. For a straight-6 (the greatest engine ever IMHO) I would go 1,3,5 and 2,4,6.
95 Miata M-Edition, GT28 Turbo
Jon k
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Jon k »

natesully wrote:Since MS is non-sequential, it may not matter. I set mine up on alternating cylinders, 1 and 3 then 2 and 4. For a straight-6 (the greatest engine ever IMHO) I would go 1,3,5 and 2,4,6.
I think i will try 1 3 5, but also, what about the actual wiring of the pigtails... just hook all 3 + leads to one of the INJ banks?
Monotalonawd
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Monotalonawd »

Jon k wrote:what about the actual wiring of the pigtails... just hook all 3 + leads to one of the INJ banks?
Normally, you supply current to your injectors through an external source. MS activate the injectors by grounding them.

For example, you would connect the negative leads of injectors 1, 3 and 5 to pins 32-33 and the negative leads of injectors 2, 4 and 6 to pins 34-35.

Hope it helped!
88 BMW 535i, Holset turbo project
90 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo Awd
92 Eagle Talon Tsi Turbo Awd (sold)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

While my Dodge Dart isn't running yet, it has the injectors wired up with 1-2-3 connected to one driver and 4-5-6 connected to the other. The Chrysler slant six has the same firing order as a BMW.

As for pigtails - the rear three injectors have two wires running from the ECU, joining together at a crimp connector, with three wires running out of the crimp connector. The front uses a loop shape with the #1 and #3 injectors both connected to the wires from the ECU with the #2 injector having two ground wires, one running to the ground on the #1 injector and the other to the #3 injector. I don't think it matters either way.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X