Complicated EDIS question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jonfx4com
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Complicated EDIS question

Post by jonfx4com »

I have checked and double checked my EDIS sensor is on the 9th tooth after the missing tooth at TDC. Problem is that I cant get the engine to run cleanly unless I tell MS2 that the offset is 0 degrees and all the documentation says it should be 10 degrees. (it does run great at 0 deg)

My logic is that the EDIS is only at ten degrees if it has no saw signal, once the saw is there the offset IS 0 degrees.
What I also find strange is that I cannot add or subtract from the offset advance and compensate in the advance table without bad running. I know my edis is responding to SAW as the timing changes as I would expect it to according to the table.

If the ignition table says 30 deg and the offset is 10deg does to SAW signal say 30deg or 20deg? Sorry I just cant get my brain around this, can anyone help?

I also understand that the PIP signal on EDIS is not at a fixed point anyway, it occurs at the end of the previous spark event, does this not nean that offset will vary with advance and dwell?

Jon