Help finding a small injector

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

SuperMileage2k6
MS/Extra Newbie

Help finding a small injector

Post by SuperMileage2k6 »

I'm currently using megasquirt in a project to fuel inject a single cylinder 150cc briggs & stratton mower engine. Problem is, the harder I look for an injector that fits, the more dead ends I run into. I tried talking directly to synerject because they clearly have injectors that can deliver a small enough load, but they can't sell me the parts because I'm not going to buy 50,000. Most other major manufacturers seem to be a bust too. the Weiss website is great, but doesn't really have any injectors below 10lb/hr. I think what I'm looking for is an injector in the range of 3lb/hr-6lb/hr. If anyone knows anything about small injectors could you help me? I'm at the end of my patience trying to find an injector and my deadline is coming up fast.
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

This thread may be of use to you:
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=11185
Do a search for "Briggs" and other key words. There have been a number of small engine projects on here.

BTW - if you enter more that one word in the search page be sure to click 'Search for all terms' to get relevant results. The search page on this site is frustrating at best.

Hope that helps,
David
biker
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by biker »

Did you know that Honda has a 50 cc scooter with fuel injection ?
They call it Zoomer. I don't know the flow rate,
but the engine has 4 hp output, so I think that injector
should have the right size for you.
If that is too small Honda has also 125 cc scooters with fuel injection.

Hope that helps,
Cornelius
SuperMileage2k6
MS/Extra Newbie

Ok...definitely honda has what I'm looking for. Honda U.S. is a total bust, they can't get parts from europe or they just keep bouncing me around giving me phone number after phone number. Does anybody know if honda dealerships in other countries will ship out parts? There's gotta be some way to get one of these parts short of flying to europe and stealing some little kid's scooter.
SuperMileage2k6
MS/Extra Newbie

Oops, forgot to mention that I woulda called Honda Europe today but it's probably a few hours past closing time over there.
killerken53
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by killerken53 »

I'm looking for exactly the same thing for exactly the same project, if it will help to have multiple persons behind this, or I can help in any way, feel free to contact me. We all are shooting for the same goal anyways, to have a car running by june 8, so we don't get left behind running a carb.
Kenny