Best option for IAC??

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gofastant
MS/Extra Newbie

Best option for IAC??

Post by gofastant »

MS 2 V3.0

Hi, I"ve got a G60 Corrado and it's already hooked up with a Idle Stablization Valve - which is known to be unreliable and prone to leaks. I'd like to hook up something that can get the car to idle at -10 degrees F and not leak. I will be soldering the board accordingly so I need to make this decision.

thanks,
antony
scirturbo
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Best option for IAC??

Post by scirturbo »

I'm running a g60 turbo and use the std idle valve. I placed it between the manifold and the output of the ic. This way it doesn't matter if it leaks under boost.
If you're using the original setup then you will loose boost pressure. You can get conversion kits for this.

SFC
Posted by email.
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

Wouldn't the original setup (if working okay now) work with a high flow one-way valve added such as used on power brake boosters? No leaks on boost that way as it would only allow flow during vacuum, yes?
gofastant
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gofastant »

Both options are available through the aftermarket but I just wanted to see if there is a proven alternative. I suppose I am just going to use the unreliable VW ISV as a PWM valve.