Individual Runner Intake

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Chrisfol82
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Individual Runner Intake

Post by Chrisfol82 »

Im thinking about trying an individual runner setup on my Jeep CJ7. It has a 258 inline 6 engine in it right now running MS soon to be switched to MSII.

Has anyone tried a setup like this on a 6 cylinder engine here? Ive seen alot of the 4 cylinder people have been doing this with the motorcycle throttle bodies.

These look like theyd work great but unfortunately they dont come in 6 at a time just 4 usually.

These motorcycle throttle bodies, can they usually be broken apart into individual bodies or are most of them units of 4 that need to stay connected?

Also none of them seem to have mounting hole on the side that connects to the manifold . How do the connect, do they just ahve a rubber piece that is clamped to the throttle body then clamped to the intake runner?

I Know redline weber also makes throttle bodies that woudl be prefect for this application and have the same bolt patterns as weber carbs but i imagine there really expensive. For something id just liek to experiment with i dont want to be spending that much money on throttle bodies right now. Maybe eventually if it seems to work and add a noticeable amount of power.

Anyone know of any other throttle body that would be easily adaptable to a multiple setup that is available cheap form ebay or somethin? Probably in the 43 to 50mm range from what i calculated. Does this seem like a good size to those who have experience in individual runner throttle bodies?

Overall all to anyone who has done somethin like this, is it worth trying it? Will it likely add a noticeable amount of power over the single TB setup?
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Individual Runner Intake

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

Chrisfol82 wrote:These look like theyd work great but unfortunately they dont come in 6 at a time just 4 usually.

These motorcycle throttle bodies, can they usually be broken apart into individual bodies or are most of them units of 4 that need to stay connected?
It depends on the make and model of the part... take a look at this post to learn about throttle bodies. Most will come apart in singles, many come apart in pairs. When you find them on eBay or whatever they're usualy 4 at a time.
Chrisfol82 wrote:Also none of them seem to have mounting hole on the side that connects to the manifold . How do the connect, do they just ahve a rubber piece that is clamped to the throttle body then clamped to the intake runner?
On a throttle body without a flange, the intake runner is usualy split and has a cinch bolt to hold the TB's on. Alternatively some do use rubber hose or a plastic piece to connect the two.

-Brian