Injector Sizing

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sha_ba_do_bang
MS/Extra Newbie

Injector Sizing

Post by sha_ba_do_bang »

Alright, i've read the megasquirt page with the size calculator and I've seen people do different things.

I'm building a 1900cc VW bug motor with stock parts so far (i'll replace when i blow it up) I'm using a garrett T25 turbo and made a custom intake and exhaust plumbing. I've seen one guy use 37lb injectors but then i just saw someone use 19lb. What do i need?

I'm hoping for 200 hp, i want to keep the boost down for now around 9lb until i replace the crank and such. What sixe injectors should i get?

It doesn't make sense that someone ran 37lb and someone else did 19lb
does it?

I will be running EDIS ignition

thanks
Brendan Burke
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

The calculator in the MM is a good place to start. For 200hp, ~30# injectors are called for. In your case, slightly larger injectors are not a bad idea as you must compensate for boost pressure and the larger ones would allow you to lower your base fuel pressure so the boosted pressure doesn't go so high. 32, 35, 37 or even 42 lb/hr would work in your app as you describe it.

19# injectors could be used but would have to be run at very high pressure or 100% duty cycle - neither of which is a good idea to plan on. I am assuming the same 200hp target - which is a stinkin' lot of ponies for a stock air cooled veewee... :shock:

If you haven't checked it already, you might get some interesting info from Kirkwood over at http://www.dune-buggy.com/turbo/index.htm
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

I have some good injectors for turbo cars they are 450cc low ohms if you want i selled to you.