Need help picking IAC motor comes stock with 3

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pumaking
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Need help picking IAC motor comes stock with 3

Post by pumaking »

Alright so I need help picking what IAC to use. Now I've already determined that I wont be using Stepper IAC or PWM. My motor comes stock with a Fast Idle On/off. My car comes with a total of 3 IAC type systems a Air Regulator, IAA Unit which is 2 part Auxilary Air Control Valve (On/Off) and the other is a FICD Solenoid Valve this is used for A/C which my car doesnt have by the way along with no power steering.

I'm gonna be running MSII V3.0 with 2.34 Code with Megatune 2.25 Final and complete FORD EDIS. The motor is turbod stock gonna run about 11psi, and I live in South Florida so it rarely gets cold, average temp is around upper 80's. I'm including the pages from the FSM about the parts along with pictures.

So pretty much my question is should I go with the Air Regulator or the AAC since its the Fast Idle On/Off. I read another thread that the Air Regulator doesnt do a good job with turbo motors. My Air Regulator looks pretty much exactly like the Bosch one.

Also things to consider is my car doesnt have Power Steering I removed it, also no A/C I removed it as well.

FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

The 'Air Regulator' there looks like your FIDLE valve.
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!
pumaking
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pumaking »

So I can just use my Air Regulator for Idle? So I'll be able to eliminate the
Idle Air Adjusting Unit or do I still need that as well?

If I just use the Air Regulator do I hook it up by using the FIDLE wiring diagram which is pin 30 on the DB37 along with a relay or do I follow the instructions on the sensor page. such as this diagram? Where its not wired to megasquirt?

Thanks in advance Jerry.

FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

pumaking wrote:So I can just use my Air Regulator for Idle? So I'll be able to eliminate the
Idle Air Adjusting Unit or do I still need that as well?
Looks like you leave the pieces in place as this is more than just the selenoid, but the MS ECU won't be interacting with these valves. This looks like a closed loop idle speed control system, which I believe the MSnS-E gurus have experimented with and had some success with, though I've always heard it's pretty difficult to tune right.

pumaking wrote: If I just use the Air Regulator do I hook it up by using the FIDLE wiring diagram which is pin 30 on the DB37 along with a relay or do I follow the instructions on the sensor page. such as this diagram? Where its not wired to megasquirt?

Thanks in advance Jerry.

Go with the MegaSquirt wiring diagram and a relay -- just using the stock information for the polarity of the valve (+ and -).
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!