Help with my Honda Blackbird throttle bodies

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rich
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with my Honda Blackbird throttle bodies

Post by Rich »

I've just picked up a cheap set of Honda Blackbird TB's for my car conversion. However, I found a bit of damage to one of the components and just wondered if anyone on here can offer any advice. A pic of the TB's is attached.

The part I'm talking about is the located between the first and second runner from the left. It is the shiney silver housing held on with 3 screws. On the top of the housing there is a hose connection, plus something else which has snapped off. I'm guessing this is some kind of choke mechanism (there is also a choke cable attached near the base of this part) and I probably won't end up using it. But if anyone can tell me exactly what it might be I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rich
nobbi1977
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nobbi1977 »

Hi

That bit is on my CBR600 bodies as well, its a thermostatic choke valve.

shop manual Here for the blackbird

what are the butterfly size and center spacing on those?
Rich
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rich »

Thanks for the reply. So do you use the thermostatic choke on your CBR bodies, if so, how is it connected? or do you just leave it disconnected? Thanks for the link BTW.

My Blackbird bodies have 43mm butterflies and 86mm centre spacing. Measured with an old rule so give/take 1mm.

Cheers,
Rich
nobbi1977
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nobbi1977 »

hi

They are not on yet but i think i will use the warm up for a while, its only the same as MS shutting off a valve at a preset temp.