tach input -- msI vs msII

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sheriff
MS/Extra Newbie

tach input -- msI vs msII

Post by sheriff »

is there a difference in the way hall sensor tach input is implemented in msI and msII? i have a working msI installed for 1-1/2 year sharing the oem hall sensor between oem ign and msI fueling. i am trying to get my msII installed using the same setup. tach input does not seem to be reliable. msII is jumpered for hall input. this is on a 440 dodge. trying to get fuel only working for now. am i going to be able to share oem hall with msII? thks jimk
sheriff
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sheriff »

lance, thanks for the reply. in my setup/jumpers i have the following.
del and not jumper c12 and c30
jumper d1 and d2
ign setup jumpers
s12c -- js9, igbtin -- js10, igbtout -- ign, optoin -- tach select, xg1 -- xg2, tsel -- optoout, u3 is installed correctly, running 2.34 code, next pulse range 25 -- 70.
sorry i do not have a data log.
the ign seemed to be very random. really bad kickback and backfires.
broke snout off starter, but that is now fixed. still runs great on msI. do i need a pullup resistor in msII to share oem hall signal? i want to run fuel only for now. thks jimk -- latest info. i installed a 1k pullup to 12v and the truck started and ran decently. while it was running i touched db37 pin 36 to coil neg. all stopped and looks like inj 2 fouled up. i need to investigate further as it looks ok on the stim. w/ msI static hall v is 3.54vdc and w/msII static voltage is 2.3vdc. w/pullup msII hall v is 4.7vdc. (w/just ign turned on) thks again jimk, --- update 3/14 -- msII runs w/fuel & ign. not well, but it runs. now to the tuneing and install of my lc1, thks jimk