water injection

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

davidvwm
MS/Extra Newbie

water injection

Post by davidvwm »

can i use a fuel injector for a water injection will it rust out on the inside :RTFM:
65 bug EJ22 80 rabbit vr6 89 jetta 16v on megasquirt&SPARK&EDIS
elturbonitroso
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by elturbonitroso »

i think you cant will rust
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

Actually, I'm getting ready to test this question myself. I have early and late Bosch, ND, Keihin and Rochester injectors to test with and was waiting to get a few more (Mopar, Lucas, & ?) at the 'yard. My test will be empirical, but will include cleaning, open flow test and filling with 50/50 alky/water mix.

I figure checking them after 1 day, 3 days and then a week will give quick results, then every week thereafter for a couple months. I will do the same with a couple common EFI fuel pumps.

If anyone has suggestions for the test please speak up. If there are any additional items to test you can throw them at me or wait for a detailed outline so you can repeat the same conditions.

David
Paul Smith
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul Smith »

It's all been done before. The only way you can use a fuel injector for water injection is to mix water soluble oil with your water.
davidvwm
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by davidvwm »

Paul Smith wrote:It's all been done before. The only way you can use a fuel injector for water injection is to mix water soluble oil with your water.
how much do you mix in and wich oil do i use
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

I would also like to know. I get answers from "all the Bosch adn Keihin guts are stainless and won't corrode" to your answer of the opposite and to use oil.

I certainly don't want to trash injectors and pumps in testing but need something difinitive to post for future use. It is a common question and the answers aren't so common.. :? Any info you have would be most appreciated!
davidvwm
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by davidvwm »

so can i just splice in a injector from the main (4) inj and use the one inj for the water inj