Setting up ignition pulses on motorcycle

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nitridr
MS/Extra Newbie

Setting up ignition pulses on motorcycle

Post by nitridr »

I am wanting to set up ignition for a KZ1300 6 cylinder motorcycle. The OEM is hall effect. Want to control ignition with MS. There are 3 hall effect pickups each revolution. Firing waste spark coils. I have a good OEM advance curve. Want to use pickup for coil 1 to indicate initial tdc and tie pickup for all 3 coils through a diode for rpm pulses. Has anyone tried this approach? Will eventually control spark and fuel injection with MS. I have O scope what am I looking for besides square wave?
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

The extra guys have this one nailed. I believe what they do is have the hall go high at about 60 degrees BTDC and return to low at about 5 degrees BTDC. They then use the return to time cranking timing and once the RPM exceeds the running RPM the timing goes to calculating timing based off the 60 degree BTDC mark. daxtojeiro knows about the settings required to make this all happen. The cobra ran this way for about a year.

AW
nitridr
MS/Extra Newbie

limited positions of hall sensor

Post by nitridr »

Ok But I do have a limited position for the hall sensors. +or- about 10 degrees with 10 degrees before tdc and 130 and 250 for the 3 sensors. So can I change the offset back to say 0? And compute timing from there?
Thanks