ignition coil terminal to use?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hugo guerra
MS/Extra Newbie

ignition coil terminal to use?

Post by hugo guerra »

hi this is my first post.
the problem is :
im runing on shellecomarathon, that has the objective of runing as mutch miles with the least gas consumption, im using a honda GX 25 engine 4stroke engine 25 cm3!!, and it has a coil that only has a terminal that wen it is closed to gound the engine does not work, and when it is open to ground the engine can start and work.

http://www.honda-engines.com/gx25.htm

how do i get the signal to pin 24 on the DB27 plug to a megasquirt 2.21 version?

hellp me
guerra
RNash
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by RNash »

Interesting project...
Looking at the wiring diagram at this link:
http://www.hondaengines.com/Engines_own ... Z6J601.pdf

The coil pack includes a mag that has the spark plug wire and a shutoff wire that is tied to the "+" side of the primary of the coil.
Measure the voltage at the shutoff wire with the engine running. If it not too high (<24volts?) you may be able to connect it to pin 24. It should pulse each time the mag fires the plug. Depending the the voltage it produces you may need you change the resistor that connects pin 24 to the optocoupler input.
Otherwise you will need to fire pin 24 with some type of hall effect switch.

Roger
hugo guerra
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by hugo guerra »

:) hi again, i m going to do that test now, but the engine is a 4 strock, and the engine im almost sure that wil fire on every turn, not on 2 turns?
how can i get the right one?
help!!
guerra
hugo guerra
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by hugo guerra »

more news, puting a osciloscope the frequency tels me that is equal to the engine rotation, on this engine 4 stroke, it should be 1//2, there is a false spark.............

the max is 24 or 25 volts ac

how can i get the MegaSquirt to see only one or divide the injection time by 2? to get the right amont of fuel...
please help

deadline for the shellecomarathon is coming.......please
guerra
RNash
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by RNash »

Think about it. Does it hurt to have fuel waiting in the manifold for the intake to open?
One injection per cycle should not hurt anything. You will set it up so that it has the right air/fuel ratio available.