Flow rate for '95 Land Rover Discovery

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Hi guys

Can anyone perhaps tell me the injector flow rate for a '95 LR Discovery with the 8.13:1 low compression 3.9liter engine?

The injectors have the number D18306A stamped on them and what seems to be a logo looking a bit like two "eyes" on top of each other. They also have a coloured ring just below where they join the fuel rail that is best described as torquise (light green with tinge of blue)

Thank you
Philip
Ms-2/V3/2.35/MT2.25
Jack
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Jack »

I would assume it would be 18.3 lb, like virtually all of the RV8's. Hmm, now I'm thinking 18.13. I'll look it up over the weekend, while I'm home, if no one respond before then.

jib
TR's 3&8
Good judgment comes from experience.
And where does experience come from?
Experience comes from bad judgment.
. . . . . . . Mark Twain
max@zl2max.gen.nz
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by max@zl2max.gen.nz »

With out looking I think you will find them smaller than the eailer V8s, my mate has got them writtern down somewhere...

My 3.5 hicomp/cam runs a base fuel of 16.5, we take the same MS unit into my mates 4.4 lowcompress and the base fuel needs to be about 23...

Don't get to hung up on the math, I would say start with a base fuel of 18, check your idle pulsewidth, and then move the base fuel around a bit till it will start and idle then start tuning.... it will happen....

Max
RangeRover with MSII V3
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Thanks for the input on this matter Max!  Please speak to your mate and let me know. I have a thing about not guessing. I conclude that it must be somewhere around 16lb/hr and 18lb/hr.  I’m squirting a 4.6 even though the injectors come off the 3.9 original engine.

Any idea on the opening time?

Please also see my comments below.

Thanks
Philip

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 March 2006 09:50 PM
To: megasquirt-fuel@msefi.com
Subject: Flow rate for '95 Land Rover Discovery

With out looking I think you will find them smaller than the eailer V8s, my mate has got them writtern down somewhere...

My 3.5 hicomp/cam runs a base fuel of 16.5, we take the same MS unit into my mates 4.4 lowcompress and the base fuel needs to be about 23... (Philip: Using flow figures of 16lb/hr for the 4.6 brings a Req’d fuel calculator brings an answer of around 22.6 for the 4.6 so it sounds as if your experience confirms the calculator!)
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]> <![endif]>

Posted by email.
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Jib

Did you manage to have a look?

Thanks
Philip

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 March 2006 08:41 PM
To: megasquirt-fuel@msefi.com
Subject: Flow rate for '95 Land Rover Discovery

I would assume it would be 18.3 lb, like virtually all of the RV8's. Hmm, now I'm thinking 18.13. I'll look it up over the weekend, while I'm home, if no one respond before then.

jib
TR's 3&8

Posted by email.