Wrong RPM reading

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Joffrey
MS/Extra Newbie

Wrong RPM reading

Post by Joffrey »

My MSII pcb3 that I just put together is reading the ouput of a VR distributer as a fraction of the actual rpm. I tried one distributer in the car and another in a drill press. When the drill press spins the distributer at 340 rpm, the MS sees this as a steady 55 rpm. Might there be some software setting or jumper that could not find in the manual. The distributer is Bosch, used in four cylinder fiats, Yugos and older VWs
Thanks!
Jof
mops
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by mops »

you need correct number of cylinders set in megatune.

aswell make sure you are not configure for eids.

your dizzy... how many 'marks' does it have for revolution ? should have 2 if it's orr 4 cyl engine.
BMW, 1985, E30, 325i, 2-door, 5spd. Lots of custom work. Turbo build in progress: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55733
Joffrey
MS/Extra Newbie

Wrong RPM reading

Post by Joffrey »

No, the proper number of cylinders(4) have been selected in the "injection control" window and "Standard Coil Charge" rather than edis was selected in the "Ignition Options" window. Are there other places such things are selected? Anything else it might be? I'm not sure about "marks" on the distributors, but they are abolutly for this engine. I have been using one of them on this engine with fuel only MS. The other is the same but modified for no advance.
Joffrey
MS/Extra Newbie

Wrong RPM reading

Post by Joffrey »

Thanks for the help, I think I got it now. I reloaded the emedded code and it seem to have the rpm right now. Maybe I had somthing mismatched