olds 455, tbi which throttle body?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ws6
MS/Extra Newbie

olds 455, tbi which throttle body?

Post by ws6 »

Hi guys, i am looking to convert a olds 455 to fuel injection. Because no one makes a port manifold that i can find, and i don't have the budget to convert a carb manifold, I am looking to TBI.

The 455 is not going to be a race engine, just a cruiser. Has anyone bought a holley throttle body and used it with megasquirt? i was thinking of the 4barrel projection throttle body with 65lb injectors.

Any thought? I havent found many TBI units with large enough injectors other than the holley units.
69 1/2 Six Pack Bee
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 69 1/2 Six Pack Bee »

I have a model 220 TBI from a 454 Chevy truck with 90# injectors that I am using on my 402 which is mildly warmed over. These flow 750 CFM. I am sure that is more than sufficient for a 455 Olds. :)
MiseryQ
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by MiseryQ »

I have the progressive 85LPH Holley TBI on an Olds 455. If you can find it get it, they work fine.

You just need to use a code with injector staging, or find one with the old 1:1 linkage.

There's also a few other choices for TBIs if you can't find a Holley.
Live in Hampton Roads Virginia? Then join Virginia-MSEFI! With RSS, Mail2Forum, 13 members & Blogging!