Distributor question.

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Toyshop.no
MS/Extra Newbie

Distributor question.

Post by Toyshop.no »

I have 2 different distributors to the engine im working on. One of them are an old one with vacuum. This one has a hall sensor with two pin connection. There is no 12v / 5v input, just one ground and one trigger output. This one triggers and the injectors triggers as it should, but i have trouble with the ignition. VB921 burned of, and i am waiting for a new one.

The other distributor is one with +/0/-. When i meassure this one with mulitimeter, i get a good trigger, and everything seems to work fine, but when i connect this one too the screened cable, it triggers nothing!? Looks like there is 5-8v out on the trigger (0) cable and this turns to ground when rotated. Could there be a problem with the voltage when its NOT triggered? I mean: MS does not want voltage in?

The last one with no vacuum is the correct one for this engine, and the one with vacuum is from a similar engine but without turbo and injection.

Running MS V3 (MsnS-E)

Engine : Alfa Romeo 2,0 Turbo, 4 cyl, 250-270hp.

Howard