EDIS install almost finished.

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Minami Kotaro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

EDIS install almost finished.

Post by Minami Kotaro »

The sensor, module, and coil pack are mounted. The plug wires are made. The wiring harness is complete. We hooked it up and tested it with the MS disconnected; it made spark.

I pulled the MS from my Bug and am in the process of doing the board mods and checking for problems with the board. (My little vise and the de-soldering bulb were great investments!)

After that, it appears to be a matter of setting MegaTune, getting it started, unplugging the SAW wire to check static timing, and tuning the ignition table.

Anything else I should worry about that's not necessarily in the documentation on megasquirt.sf.net?
1967 VW Beetle
2276 cc
v3.57 board, MSNS-e 029v, EDIS
Check out my ongoing story.
PonyBoy95GT
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by PonyBoy95GT »

Nice, Nice.

Do you have any pictures of how you setup the wheel and sensor?

Also, what did you do to make the wires?
Minami Kotaro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Minami Kotaro »

Sorry, no pictures as yet.

To make the wires, we bought a length of ignition wire from Car Quest, cut it into appropriate lengths for the individual wires, and crimped the Ford connectors for the coil towers on one end and the VW-style plug connectors on the other end. Voila, four plugs wires. :)
1967 VW Beetle
2276 cc
v3.57 board, MSNS-e 029v, EDIS
Check out my ongoing story.
PonyBoy95GT
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by PonyBoy95GT »

ah, something ill have to keep in mind, only Ill have to be making 8.
I know I can get EDIS specific wires, but naturally they are quite pricy, and doing that could cut down on cost.