neon output mods

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Karl

neon output mods

Post by Karl »

I have a ver 3 board with Mn&s 24s13.

I completed the DSM input mods and neon output mods as per the Diyautotune.com website. When I run it on the stim or put in the car and crank it over. I get both outer leds flashes just like they should; however, I only get spark on one coil pack. I have checked the coil pack and it is fine. The one that is not sparking is the built in vb921 not the extra one I installed. Also this is the one that has it's output on pin 36.

I have the pin 2 of the vb921 igbtout jumpered to Iac2b does this correspond with pin 36?

pin 2 of the secondary vb921 jumpered to ign does this correspiond to pin 31?

What is a different way to route this through the db37. I am thinking I just have a juimper wrong or I am trying to use the wrong pin.

thanks

Karl
Monotalonawd
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Monotalonawd »

I think you have Igbtout and Ign mixed up! :D

If you jumper Ign to Igbtout, spark signal for the first vb921 will be on pin 36.

For pin 2 of the second vb921, you put it on any free pin; if it's on Iac2b, the 2nd spark signal will be on pin 31.
88 BMW 535i, Holset turbo project
90 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo Awd
92 Eagle Talon Tsi Turbo Awd (sold)
Karl

neon output mods

Post by Karl »

Hey, I tried it your way and no luck. I still have only one set firing. I compared your setup to my original, and they are the same except the pin 2 on the vb921 are opposite. Should work the same just send them out on opposite pins. Anyway, both ways don't work. The leds are flashing and I notice one the vb921s is hotter than the other. Do these things go bad very often. I need to test the second v921 to see if its bad. I have been running it on the stim and comparing voltage flucuations with the first vb921 and they don't quite match.

Any ideas guys.

Karl