GM 4.3L TBI... do injectors smaller than 45lb/hr exist ?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaqjeep
MS/Extra Newbie

GM 4.3L TBI... do injectors smaller than 45lb/hr exist ?

Post by shaqjeep »

I am using a MS V3 with MSnS on a 258 jeep engine with a TBI etc. off a 4.3L 1990ish Jimmy. Though it runs much better than the carb, my pulse widths are too short to do a proper job of tuning. Pulse widths are typical 1.1 to 1.2 at idle with an opening time of 1 ms...doesn't leave much room for tuning with a system resolution of .1ms. I don't feel that reducing the fuel pressure will help much. I use a Hirobo exhaust gas analyzer system for tuning. I have MSnS set on 6 injection events per cycle simultaneous, it hates anything else.

I am very happy with my adapter plates, linkages and air cleaner installation etc. and don't want to abandon this TBI. The solution would be smaller flow rate injectors. I believe, however, that I have the lowest rate available.

Does anyone know of a lower flow rate injector that can be used in this throttle body ? or is there a high resolution MSnS code ?

Thank You
RNash
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by RNash »

According to this chart:
http://thegebharts.com/msindex.html
There was a 33lb injector used on the 2.8L.
GM part number 5235430 - color code: Black/White.
shaqjeep
MS/Extra Newbie

Thank You

Post by shaqjeep »

Thanks...I found about this at another source as well. Apparently Luminas, Passports and small Jimmys have these TBI 2.8's

Thanks again !