LC1 wideband reading lean but meagatune reading rich

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

johnhickey
MS/Extra Newbie

LC1 wideband reading lean but meagatune reading rich

Post by johnhickey »

System: MSII, embeded 2.32, MT 2.25, V3 main board, Innovate LC-1 wide band.

I have the engine running on a dyno at a steady condition.

Using the logworks software supplied with the LC-1 wideband O2 sensor the A/F ratio is reading 18:1 and flickering a little as it should be. Megatune however is reading 12.1 constant. I have verified the analog output of the LC-1 is putting out the correct voltage all the way to ADC5 on the MSII daugtercard. The .ini file is configured for the LC-1 wide band sensor. Data log of ego parameters is below:

egoVoltage AFR1 AFR2
12.1 12.1 12.1
12.1 12.1 12.1
12.1 12.1 12.1

Can some suggest a process to debug this issue?
darkstarmedia
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstarmedia »

Be sure your sensor ground and the MS ground are in the same place. these must be tied together. if they are not you will see different readings.

Inline Idle Air Control Valve Housings now availible through Jerry at DIYAutoTune.com
johnhickey
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by johnhickey »

Thank you very much for the reply Richard. The grounds were definatly a good idea, however I double checked them & they are tied together.

I do have a 3.6-3.7V signal at AD5-1. This should be around 18:1 A/F using the default LC-1 calibration of 7 to 22 A/F = 0-5V.

Attached is a PDF graph from a data log showing A/F ratio clipping at 12.1 on the low side but jumping to 14.6 during a portion of a run. This leads me to believe the signal is there but not scaled or configured properly.

How can I verifly in the Megasquirt-II.ini file that the proper configuration & scaling is there?
johnhickey
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by johnhickey »

I determined I had not calibrated the Ego sensor in megatunes calibrates sensoir menu. All is well