Was Running fine with WB Lambda now won't run?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MarkW
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Was Running fine with WB Lambda now won't run?

Post by MarkW »

Hi,

I've got a 1.8 Zetec running GSXR 600 TB's and MS V2.2. Cars been running fine for about a week and been well behaved durung 5 2 hour plus mapping sessions.

The MS was fitted fopr me and the guy who did it has been helping mapping and using his Innovate LC-1. As I say the car has been great so far.

Today I got the car back from him to drive to my parents. We switche the wideband back to the standard ford Lambda sensor (narrow band). Took the car for a test drive for about an hour and everything was ok.

About 50 miles into the journey the car overfueled and ground to a holt slowlly but started fine and ran back to normal before doing the same. During the last mile it just cut out altogther, the engine will start and appears to be running fine but will only run for about 30secs before it cuts out again.

At the moment I can't hook up the pc cos the usb adapter I have doesn't work with MS, so until tomorrow when I can get another cable/pc I can't check settings.

Is there any reason the car would do this and what should I be looking for when I get the pc hooked up?
MarkW
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MarkW »

Yeah I don't think the wide narrow change was the fault, as we had tested it and it ran fine for 2.5 hours.

Dragging the desktop down to the garage for more analysis in the morning
MarkW
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MarkW »

Borrowed an old laptop with serial comms today only just had time to get a couple of datalog.

These are from engine switched off starting and running until it cuts out
MarkW
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MarkW »

And anothe log to be sure
MarkW
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MarkW »

Well reloaded the map from before we changed from Wide Band to Narrow band and now evertything appears to be working fine?

Anyone got any ideas about why