Fuel Inj Sizing Question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sha_ba_do_bang
MS/Extra Newbie

Fuel Inj Sizing Question

Post by sha_ba_do_bang »

I just found some injectors and i crossed the part number of them and they are out of a 91-95 Toyota Trecel, with a 1.5l engine.

I am turbo charging my 1.6l VW air cooled engine and using megasquirt edis, I plan on hooking them up and measure their volume but do you think they are to small? I don't think they will be big enough so should i even waste my time checking them?

Thanks

Brendan
woh
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by woh »

It may be OK.
Some cars use oversize injectors. Check the PN there may be some flow information on the web.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

sha_ba_do_bang
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sha_ba_do_bang »

I found the distributor and he has specs for all the other injectors except this one, he buys them right from Toyota so that will be impossible to find the flow rate.

I measured the resistance and they are 16ohm so thats good, i guess i'll hook them up to a fuel rail and measure their output.

I'm leaning towards these not working because they were only used in 1496cc engines and i want to use it in a 1600cc with a turbo, i'll measure them and see what happens!

Brendan