warmup enrich

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

warmup enrich

Post by metcap »

how can I rescale the warmup enrichment temperature bins? I've got my engine running good after it warms up over 160*F, I'm just having trouble getting it tuned below 100*F ie morning starts, it's just too rich and it won't idle without holding the throttle. I've tried lowering the ve values but there's just so much I can go before I get accel problems.

tkm
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

[quote]If I understand correctly (I might be missing something!), you should be changing (reducing) the values in the warm-up enrichment bins for temperatures below 100°F if it is too rich there. You should not be adjusting the VE table to compensate for a cold start issue.

Lance[/quote]

Have a look at my vex file, at morning starts I'd be in the range of about 80+ to 90*F and with the fast idle valve open Kpa would be around high 90s. Warmup enrich temp bins would be at range of 80*F, 100*F and I'd have to set these values to very low about 25 to get to idle. Then engine temp hit 140*F and the fast idle valve closes and Kpa drops to about mid 50s and the next warmup enrich temp bin is 130*F, I've entered a value of 85. So within these roughly 30*F of the warm up enrich range I'm running way too rich AFR would be low 11s. What I'd like is to have is a wider range to control maybe a step of 10*F for each warmup enrich temp bin. Sorry if it sounds confusing I just hope I managed to explain it clearly.

tkm
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

could somebody please show me a way to rescale my warmup enrichment temperature bin values? I really need to solve my warmup idling problem.

tkm
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

I don't think anyone understands what you mean by "rescale my warmup enrichment temperature bin values", since you say the problem is below 100°F but the scale already goes to -40°F.
yeah sorry if I dun explain clearly. Well on the warmup enrichment page we have the default value of -40*F,----(sorry can't remember what numbers following this :) ), 80*F, 100*F, 130*F and 160*F. I need to rescale these values to maybe 10*F increments ie: 70*F, 80*F, 90*F, 100*F, 110*F and so on.
In MS-II you can rescale the values by changing them in the 'Idle Step' dialog under 'Tables' (may not work for earlier code versions).
can you please elaborate a bit on this? where do I find these values? is it on the mt screen? I've MT 2.25b and sorry I forgot to mention I'm running MSII on V3 board with 2.34 code. Thanx.

tkm

tkm
JSC
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by JSC »

metcap;

The temperature values in the warmup enrichment table match the temperature values in the idle air step table. To change the temp values in warmup enrichment you have to change them in idle air step table. I need to know what type of idle air control you are using, Then I can explain in detail if needed.

Scott
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

The temperature values in the warmup enrichment table match the temperature values in the idle air step table. To change the temp values in warmup enrichment you have to change them in idle air step table. I need to know what type of idle air control you are using, Then I can explain in detail if needed.

Scott
I'm using a simple fast idle solenoid valve which is currently set to shut off at 130*F. Thnx.

tkm
JSC
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by JSC »

metcap;

I see your confusion, with a solenoid you don't have an idle step table. Try this, in Megatune, Settings, Idle Control, change the algorithm to IAC Stepper Always On. Close the Idle Control window. Go to Tables, Idle Steps (this table is not available when you have "Solenoid" selected). Change the temperature bins in this table to the values you want to see in the Warmup Enrichment table. Close the IAC Step Bins window. Go back to Settings, Idle Control, and change the algorithm back to Solenoid and set the Fast Idle Temperature. Now when you go to Warmup Wizard the temperature values should be what you want. Be sure to save file/ burn to ECU.

Scott
metcap
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by metcap »

thanx for the instructions, I'll try it out tonight and see what goes.

tkm