sea-doo engine controler

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

EZ

Just drill and tap 11 pins into the PTO so that the threads hang out the back side of the PTO about 3/8 inch. These pin need to be 30 degrees apart leaving out the 12th pin in the pattern. Mount a VR so that the first pin after the gap is seen buy the VR at about 45 deg BTDC I would use the soon to be released Microsquirt. This would all be an experiment as the accel rate of the motor as it leaves the water is in the 25000 RPM / sec range and on the outer range of what the software was ever designed to handle. The stock coils are CDI and you may be better off going to a Honda COP setup. Remember that a Seadoo 785 motor does not like to run in the 7400 RPM range so either run a 7150 rev limit or a 7700 or higher. They feel great at 8000 bounciing off wakes but put about $600 away for motor rebuilds for every riding month. I was waisting a motor about every 100 hrs. (pro built Rossier SS 785) I run 7200 now. The squirt HAS to be relay controled off a powered purple seadoo wire to allow the DESS to work when you do a high speed dismount.

AW