TACH RPM AND MSII RPM

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DARCOM
Helpful MS/Extra'er

TACH RPM AND MSII RPM

Post by DARCOM »

Hello i finily got around to hooking up my tach and it reads about 1000 lower than megatune says my idol says 1000 and msII says 1700. how do i fix this.
im using
megatune 2.25
v2.33
DARCOM
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by DARCOM »

Ok here is an update to my delema, whin it is running rpm is at 1000 "car's tach" megatune is at 2000. whin cranking the RPM is correct.

another thing my car is very hard to start ,when it does, it runs fine and i have already tune it were it runs great. but starting it is always a scary chore. i noticed that when cranking and the tach is reading correct it wont start but sometimes the tach bumps and it fires and runs ok. this is on every third crank or so sometimes more.

im using
megasquirt II on a 3.0 board
megatune2.25
DARCOM
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by DARCOM »

i may have figured it out my rpm problem, my engine is an odd firing engine. and i have read the code for the odd firing ignition setups are not complete yet. it would be cool if there was some way to sync the megasquirtII to my tach with slider bar or something.

i would like to explain my ingnition setup so maby someone with more knowledge can point me in a good direction

my spark pulses look like this on my odd firing motor v6

on my other motor that is even firing it looks like this v8

* indicates a spark

the pulse comes from my distribtor that go's to a 7pin hei then to the megasquirt. im using the hall setup in megasquirt sence im using the hei.

the car runs great whin running but starting is still a chore. but i have to compliment the person who made 2.54 the cranking graphs made tuning at differant temps alot better.
grippo
MS/Extra Guru

Post by grippo »

You really can't run odd fire on MS2. There is no code to support it. We plan to put this on the router board which is a ways off.
DARCOM
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by DARCOM »

i wish i knew how to write code for the megasquirtII.

is it possible to write code to add fake pulses to the firing order so the megasquirtII will add puses and make even spaced pulses like this

*_*_F_F_*_*_F_F_*_*_F_F

* is a true pulse
F is a fake or echo of the * pulses

kinda like a echo of the first two pulses but no spark will acure just fuel.
i know it will think its a 12 cylender but i would just have to ajust the correct fuel for that.

i hope this is not a dumb question.