timing advancing when set to fixed MS1 V3 Hall 24s13 VB921

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

apd
MS/Extra Newbie

timing advancing when set to fixed MS1 V3 Hall 24s13 VB921

Post by apd »

MS1 V3pcb 24s13 code, mt2.25, Volvo b230ft, hall distributor setup, Vb 921 coil control.

This is a 2 part, related problem.

When I use the Hall sensor setup from the MSnS-E site:
Setup - Hall sensor
First, in Megatune in the Codebase and outputs function, set LED18 to "irq trigger" and send to ECU.
1) Set the crank at TDC
2) Rotate the distributor (opposite direction) just until middle LED turns OFF (sets the crank angle)
3) Make sure the rotor arm points towards the correct contact in the distributor cap
4) Fix the distributor
5) Turn engine backwards until middle LED turns ON (should be almost immediately) and continue turning until it turns OFF again
6) Measure angle BTDC (+/- 10 degrees is good enough) at the crank
7) Enter measured angle in "Trigger angle"
8) Enter "Fixed angle" to 10 degrees
9) Start the engine
10) Adjust "Trigger angle" until the timing light is at 10 degrees
11) Set "Fixed angle" to -10
12) Start tuning
I get a trigger angle of about 53*, but when I try to start the car, the measurement is somewhere beyone 65 (this is as far as my light will go), probably around 75 or so degrees.

The only way to start the car is with the trigger angle set to 35 (I know this is bad), with the Spark output NOT inverted, the fixed angle set to 15, and this gives me -3 at idle (~900rpm), but advances the spark all the way to ~40* at 4K rpm.

I do shut off power to the MS board every time I mess (thats what this is turning into) with the spark.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Alex

PS is there a master squirter on the Southern end of Lake Michigan who is willing to help (Will comp. with the end of meager college funds, manual labor, ?...)

[/quote]